2010/04/05

A REPRIEVE FOR LYNN



Forsythia ' lynnwood gold '

My 20-plus-year old Forsythia got crown gall a few years ago and I had been treating it with just about everything I could in an effort to save it.  I thought that all was lost and was intending to take it down this season after its last hurrah.

Well lo and behold it bloomed its head off with all this early warm Spring weather and when I inspected it for dead twigs covered with the gall I found very few.  Thank you cotton burr compost !   It worked.

  I so look forward to this splendid show of gold every Spring and as I walk around my neighborhood I see that it's a favorite in many gardens.  I can spot at least 4 or 5 on almost every block.  Forsythia is always a welcome sign of Spring.





Written by Carolyngail at Sweet Home and Garden Chicago
All rights reserved

0 Responses to “A REPRIEVE FOR LYNN”

Post a Comment