2008/11/13

DO NOTHING YESTERDAY; GIT'ER DONE TODAY



Carol of Maydreamsgardens declared yesterday DO NOTHING DAY in the garden. So I did nothing . The leaves were piling up, but I did nothing . Since it was a holiday I intended to observe it properly, but this doing nothing is harder than I thought.

I'm sure a lot of the neighbors passed by and cast a disapproving look at my leaf covered garden and thought I must be sick or something. They had no idea it was a holiday and that I was celebrating.

This morning I awoke refreshed and rested. The temperatures rebounded into the 50's and I shook off the holiday doldrums. I declare today, November 13, Git'er Done Day because if I don't do it today I'll probably end up with piles of snow covered leaves. I hate when that happens.


Home Design Ideas and Alternative
I cleaned this front bed and left a few leaves



Home Design Ideas and Alternative
Oakleaf Hydrangea is NOT happy with the last few frosty morns

Home Design Ideas and Alternative
Autumn Moon Maple still glorious in her bright pink and yellow attire.

A neighbor passed by while I was cleaning up the garden and remarked that she thought I had been sick. No I said, I've been on holiday. Holiday, what holiday ? Veteran's Day ? Do you get off for that ? No, it was Do Nothing day . Thinking I was joking she chuckled and said, imagine that, a holiday where you do absolutely nothing. Fabulous.

0 Responses to “DO NOTHING YESTERDAY; GIT'ER DONE TODAY”

Post a Comment