2011/06/10

COTTAGE DESIGN- EUROPEAN FRENCH- FABULOUS!


We are on vacation, 80 miles outside of Atlanta, Georgia, at the AMAZING REYNOLD'S PLANTATION.  The cottage where we are staying is quite COZY, VERY French European and, DELIGHTFUL!  I took some pictures of our cottage to show you why I ADORE this design.  VERY old world and SO inviting!  Impeccable and well thought out spaces INSPIRE me!  I hope you can get a feel for this wonderful space. 


european home design ideas
A gorgeous bath tub, overlooking tall pine trees
european home design ideas
Gorgeous French sliding doors that open to the veranda 
european home design ideas
I ADORE a cozy sitting room!  Not too big and PERFECT for a nice conversation. 
european home design ideas
Wonderful wood beams accentuate the ceiling with a horizontal window above them.
european home design ideas
SO southern!  Blue hydrangea bushes in full bloom right on the edge of the east porch.  I LOVE the cream painted pillars and wood work around this porch!  GLORIOUS! 
european home design ideas
The exterior of our cottage.  
european home design ideas
White wicker rocking chairs on the porch......I am reminded of why I LOVE the deep south!  
White wicker  furniture on the patio.....a perfect place to sit and read a wonderful novel. 
european home design ideas
Framed botanicasl add a nice touch to the den.  Classic art at its finest. 
european home design ideas
This den is VERY cozy and I have LOVED sitting here and rocking our 8 week old baby and,  visiting with my family.   You cannot top a cozy and comfortable space in front of a stone fire place.  AWESOME! 
european home design ideas
Don't you always wish you could duplicate a wonderful and comfortable hotel bed?  This bed is plush and wonderful!  Goose down pillows, 600 thread count sheets and, a down comforter.......I can barely pull myself out of it each morning!  You can achieve this comfort in your own bedroom.....purchase good quality goose down pillows,  a set of 600+ thread sheets and, a down comforter.  You will be able to achieve this
SAME look and, most important, COMFORT! 
european home design ideas
Great looking duck prints in the master bedroom.  
european home design ideas
A wonderful crewel coverlet....folded neatly at the end of the bed.  Crewel is TIMELESS and, I love the
texture of  the design!  This pattern adds a lot of interest. 
european home design ideas
AMAZING crown moldings over the door ways and accenting the ceilings!  GORGEOUS! 
european home design ideas
FANTASTIC and HEAVY doors are hung throughout this cottage.....this door is the main entrance and, I LOVE how heavy it feels when you push it open or close it.  GREAT QUALITY!  TIMELESS!


1 Responses to “COTTAGE DESIGN- EUROPEAN FRENCH- FABULOUS!”

Deena Smith said...
November 16, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Great post! That bed looks fantastic!! I recently stayed in a room just like the one in your photos and after having such a great nights sleep, I just had to duplicate the experience in my own home! I went out and bought the 600 count sheets, a very luxurious down comforter and some Goose Down Pillows and lets just say I will never lose another night of sleep ever again! It's great!


Post a Comment