2009/06/17

I NEVER PROMISED YOU A ROSE GARDEN


Home Design Ideas and Alternative


Home Design Ideas and Alternative


Home Design Ideas and Alternative
I LOVE roses and if I won the lottery tomorrow I'd buy an old Southern mansion like Tara and start planting rose beds everywhere. I envy singer Pam Tillis's mom. Pam bought her a mansion in Tennessee and she has planted 35 different gardens. That's my idea of paradise on earth.

I don't have the space or sun for roses but my neighbor has a double-wide lot and one bed is devoted to David Austin roses; cultivars unknown. In addition to being beautiful most of them have a wonderful fragrance as well.

The photos above are of the three I thought were the prettiest.

Another neighbor brought back a cutting from Kentucky of a Civil war era climbing rose that is a deep yellow and fragrant. She gave me and several other neighbors a clipping and now it is gracing several gardens on the street.



Home Design Ideas and Alternative
Those Chicago Spring Flingers that visited my garden saw my Kentucky Belle passalong rose in bloom. I didn't think it had enough sun in my east facing front garden but apparently it proved me wrong. I'm going to take a clipping from it and plant it in my sunny backyard and let it climb the garage wall.


0 Responses to “I NEVER PROMISED YOU A ROSE GARDEN”

Post a Comment