2009/03/11

WHAT COULD BE MORE LABOR INTENSIVE THAN GARDENING?


Home Design Ideas and Alternative Are you talking about me?

You may or may not have noticed that my posts are few and far between these days. Being a full time grandmother to my first grandchild reminds me also of why I didn't garden when my three children were growing up. Gardening is labor and time intensive and who can do it between the demands of a newborn?

As Lea is entering her fourth month she sleeps longer than before and I have learned to paint more alla prima works of art. This is sometimes good as it keeps me from ruining a good painting by overworking it.

I am looking forward to Spring and Summer but I'm also wondering how much gardening I can get done in between naps and playtime. Is there such a thing as alla prima gardening? I don't think so and I'm training gramps to take charge while I'm planting. He already thinks he's got babying mastered because when he picks her up she stops fussing and he's happy to walk her majesty all around the premises for an entertaining change of scenery. " I don't know if it's just me but I don't think I've ever seen a cuter baby, " he said. He's smitten.

Being a first time mother I think my daughter appreciates me more now that the reality of taking care of a baby's every whim has become reality. There countless sleepless nights, days when you can't get outside, housework, cooking, and no social life hardly to speak of are all part of the package with that little bundle of joy that depends on you for everything.

There's just no other way to know or appreciate your mother more than being one. At what other time in your life will your ever whim be catered to? You should give your mother or grandmother a great big hug for the devoted care they gave you.

Oops! Gotta go. Her majesty calls.




0 Responses to “WHAT COULD BE MORE LABOR INTENSIVE THAN GARDENING?”

Post a Comment