2007/09/18

3 EASY PIECES


Since I don't work on Michigan Avenue anymore my wardrobe is very casual, especially during the summer when I do landscaping jobs. Some neighbors do not recognize me at all when I'm all gussied up.

This past week I went shopping for some clothes to wear to my 45th high school reunion. I am not one to run out and buy the latest trends and my style is what my daughter might call " artsy fartsy " when I can afford it. Unique things tend to cost more.

So this is what I picked for the evening gathering :





Home Design Ideas and Alternative
Home Design Ideas and Alternative
Top : Silk Blouse by Ann Taylor
Below : Black Silk Capris by Silk Road



Then I found the most beautiful shoes I've ever seen. They were expensive, but.....


Home Design Ideas and Alternative
Comfortable, AND, have hand tooled flowers on them . Those black spaces are holes where the flowers have been carved out.

To top off the above pieces and in case the evening is chilly, I went "artsy fartsy " on my velvet jacket :

Home Design Ideas and Alternative

This is all hand sewn. You can't see them but it has some sequins and beads and , did I say, another flower ?

In high school I was always the one with the "hand-me-downs" from my Sister Wilma and I worked all summer to buy a coat and a pair of shoes that had to last until it was warm enough to kick them off.

This time I am arriving in style. I hope I'm not over doing it. Watch everyone show up in jeans.






0 Responses to “3 EASY PIECES”

Post a Comment