2007/08/20

WHAT TO DO WHEN IT'S RAINING ALL DAY


Home Design Ideas and Alternative
Korean style " Om Rice "


The Chicago Air and Water Show was rained out on Sunday. Mother Nature's been having her own water show for the past two days. We must've had 4 or more inches of rain. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Since I'm not able to get out in the garden my thoughts turn to cooking. When I have lots of veggies and meat leftovers I chop everything up into small pieces and stir-fry it in a few spoonfuls of vegetable oil . I then add 1 cup of cold rice per person ( cooked short grained ) blend all ingredients well and cook for about five minutes. I then season it with black pepper, a little light soy sauce and sesame oil and stir fry a few minutes more.

I crack about 3 eggs, mix with a little water, and pour in a thin layer in a non stick frying pan to make an omelet ( some older Koreans can't say omelet so they shortened it to om ! ) . Arrange the fried rice on a plate and invert the pan . Position the omelet over the rice and top it with a little ketchup for sauce. I usually draw a silly happy face with the ketchup.

Everyone is sure to love this dish.


0 Responses to “WHAT TO DO WHEN IT'S RAINING ALL DAY”

Post a Comment