2007/07/31

TAKING ON A CORPORATE GIANT




Home Design Ideas and Alternative
Welcome to Walgreens !?

This Walgreen Pharmacy is just around the corner from my house. It's not as if we live in a rundown slum, it is one of the best neighborhoods on the northside . When it first opened about 7 years ago, Walgreen's was beautifully landscaped with trees and shrubs. Over the years it was neglected and has fallen into ruin, as evidenced in the above photo.

Last year I contacted our Alderman and all of the Managers of the businesses in the strip mall - Walgreens, Staples, Blockbuster, etc. about their unkempt property. No response. Then, I contacted the headquarters of Walgreens in the Chicago suburbs. One year has passed and I've yet to hear anything.

The fact of the matter is that Walgreen's rents its space and that the landlord is really responsible for landscaping and maintenance, however, they've not even tried to get him to do it.

I can't forget this matter since I have to look at it everyday and everytime I pass it I cringe. I shot the photos above yesterday and sent off another email to Walgreen's.

I wonder if I'll ever hear from them . They are making plenty of money off the people in our community but they could care less what their frontyard looks like.

This time they've got " my Irish up " and I am determined to see this situation to the end. More on the results later.

0 Responses to “TAKING ON A CORPORATE GIANT”

Post a Comment