2007/07/18

HYDRANGEA FEVER


Home Design Ideas and Alternative
Hydrangea Serretta ' Spreading Beauty '


I just realized that I am obsessed with Hydrangeas. One advantage of working at the local garden center is that I get to see the new cultivars that come in. Such is the case of the above : Hydrangea Serretta , or Mountain Hydrangea, which, much to my surprise is hardy to Zone 4.
Zone 4 ! I can do that.

Spreading Beauty was developed in Belgium from a cutting gathered in Korea. Korea has a climate very similar to Chicago and Zone 5 gardens so I always snap up whatever will grow there. I know every species on the Tree and Shrub lot that comes from Korea and I hardily recommend them to customers. They always appreciate my suggestions because anything that will survive the Chicago winters is most welcome.

Hydrangea Spreading beauty is a nice low one that only gets 2 to 3 feet tall so it's ideal for urban gardens. And did I say , hardy to Zone 4 ?

0 Responses to “HYDRANGEA FEVER”

Post a Comment