2007/05/25

17 TONS AND WHADDAYAGET ?


Home Design Ideas and Alternative A Cicada Emerges from its Shell


HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY EVERYONE ! This is suppose to be the weekend when we get the 17 year Cicada emergence . Every time you turn on the radio or television there's something about the cicadas coming. Even the Chicago Tribune had an editorial on it this morning and they have an interactive map to record sightings of the cicadas.

Someone also has a lot of time on their hands, coming up with some far-out recipes on cooking cicadas.

Since I've been in Chicago, I've yet to see a cicada. I hear them at night, singing their peculiar song, but have never seen one.

A lot of people are panicking and wrapping their trees and shrubs in cheesecloth or netting which is supposed to remain until mid-July. We may be seeing a new style of gardens in the area.

A few of my clients have called and asked me for advice about what to do . Common sense tells me that if you don't live on a farm or near the forest, chances are you won't see one. There's been so much construction in the city and suburbs that has destroyed the submerged cicadas.

I don't remember hearing as much hype 17 years ago about the cicadas . Oh well, maybe after this weekend we can put it behind us until the next time.

0 Responses to “17 TONS AND WHADDAYAGET ?”

Post a Comment