2006/03/10

d*s reader recs! [rdd needs our help]


header copy

d*s reader "rdd" needs some help and i know you guys will have great suggestions for this piece.

"First- In the picture I have labeled living room, I am looking for a drum pendant, very short, preferably with a cover over the bottom, to replace the white ceiling fan. Second, my home has a very open floor plan. From the entry way to the kitchen nook to the living room, it is all open. In addition, there is a second living room that is open to these three rooms as well. I am on the verge of purging all of the furniture in that room and completely revamping. My dilemma, I want to lose the red in this room. As you can see, my living room, kitchen, and entry all scream of red. I enjoy it, but I want some variety. I am trying to come up with a color scheme for this second room that is complimentary of the others, but is void of red, except for maybe a vase or accessory or two to link them up. I have considered painting the walls gray and going with a white/cream sofa collection, but I have kids and a dog and figure this is not very wise. I then consider going grey with furniture, adding color through pillows, but have no idea what color the walls should be. To sum it up, I am wanting badly to use grays, black, the ocean blue from west elms latest catologue and the stem green, white and cream, with just a pop of red here or there and maybe some yellow or orange, but very minimalistic as far as color goes. Is this doable? I really want the rooms to flow, since they are essentially one. Any advice will be appreciated."
so, any advice for rdd? pass it along right below this post- and don't forget you can send in questions to d*s readers about your own home- we'll have two a week on mondays and fridays. thanks! [click here to see rdd's entryway]

kitchennook

livingroom

0 Responses to “d*s reader recs! [rdd needs our help]”

Post a Comment